With the New Year come new resolutions! Whether they make sense or not, this desire for change is a custom that means a fresh start and we want to believe in it! This time, we are ready!

And reality catches up with us, time goes too fast, days are too short, fatigue shows up... and our promises are slow to materialize.

The 80-20 concept

It is well known that bad lifestyle habits are responsible for 60, 70 and even 80% of diseases! However, good nutrition and a healthy lifestyle will keep 60, 70 and even 80% of diseases away!

Did you know that if 80% of your lifestyle habits are healthy, the remaining 20% ​​will have less negative impact on your health? It's not about being perfect, it's about getting better. Neither a miracle pill nor a promising vaccine will replace common sense and a balanced lifestyle.

We can all change our lifestyle habits 80% of the time. Moreover, by doing so, we encourage others to do the same.

Good nutrition 80% of the time is possible, even if on supermarket shelves, genetically modified products rub shoulders with organic foods, "trans" fats are still present, organic whole grain breads are fighting with soft white bread that sticks to the palate, as to sugar, there are all kinds, even "fake ones," and we are made to believe that they are harmless! No offense to manufacturers of «fake foods that taste like real», but what nourishes our bodies is the food that comes from the earth.

Do you ever wonder if it's worth it, if it’s of any use? I really like Mother Teresa's answer when she was asked if she realized how much her efforts were a drop in the ocean of misery. She replied: "But did you realize that the ocean would not be the same without that drop?"


Concept 80-20 = OBJECTIVE: HEALTH

To easily reach 80% of healthy habits, here are some examples to follow:

1. Eat "alive and colorful" (fresh fruits and vegetables), preferably organic foods whenever possible.

2. Eat 2 fresh fruits a day.

3. Eat 2 vegetables at lunch and 2 vegetables at dinner.

4. Have an "unsweetened" breakfast in the morning: toasts, nut butter, applesauce, fruits, cheese, yogurt, eggs, unsweetened cereals, etc.

5. Limit your coffee consumption to one a day.

6. Include fish in your menu to eat 2 to 3 fish meals a week.

7. Reduce your "SUGAR" consumption. Limit sweet desserts to one a day or preferably one every two or three days.

8. Limit "snack foods" like chips, pretzels, chocolate to twice a week.

9. Drink 4 to 8 glasses of filtered water every day because, in addition to keeping you hydrated, water allows your body to eliminate toxins and deliver essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients to your cells.

10. Cut off the consumption of soft drinks.

11. Get enough sleep: 7 to 8 hours of sleep are needed for regeneration.

12. Go outside for at least ½ to 1 hour every day.

13. Quit smoking.

14. Use as few medications as you can. No medicine is harmless. Use herbs and dietary supplements to improve your digestion, calm your nervous system, promote relaxation and sleep, etc.

15. Surround yourself with positive people. Avoid "the negative".

16. At least once a year, take a detoxifying cleanse and give your body a break by cutting down on sugar, alcohol and saturated fats.

17. And besides, with 80% of healthy habits, you will effortlessly reach and maintain a healthy weight.

No more difficult resolutions that are hard to keep, go for the 80-20 healthy concept year-round!

- Back to previous page -