· 1 small shallot, roughly chopped
· 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and roughly chopped
· 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
· 1 tomato, seeded and diced
· 1 avocado, pitted and diced
· ¾ teaspoon salt
· 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, from half a lime
· ¼ cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
· 1½ tablespoons olive oil
· 1½ teaspoons chili powder
· ½ teaspoon salt
· ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
· 8 to 10 six-inch corn or flour tortillas
· 2 cups chopped red cabbage, for serving
· 2 limes, cut into wedges, for serving
· 1 cup sour cream, for serving
Make the Salsa: Put the shallot, jalapeño pepper, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and process until finely chopped (a mini food processor is best, but large will work too) Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl. Add the chopped tomatoes, avocado, salt, lime juice, and cilantro to the bowl and stir to combine. Set aside
Make the Shrimp: Heat the grill to medium. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the olive oil, chili powder, salt, cayenne pepper, and shrimp. Mix until the shrimp are evenly coated with seasoning. Grease your grill, place the shrimp on the grill and cook 1½ to 2 minutes per side. Place the shrimp on a serving platter and cover to keep warm.
Grill the tortillas until warm and slightly charred, about 20 seconds per side. (Alternatively, heat the tortillas according to the package instructions.)
Fill each tortilla with a spoonful of the avocado salsa, 3 shrimp, and some red cabbage; pass the lime wedges and sour cream at the table. Alternatively, set the warm tortillas, grilled shrimp, avocado salsa, and fixings on the table for everyone to assemble their own tacos.
Yay, MarchesTAU currently delivers to your area.
Sorry, MarchesTAU does not currently deliver to your areaWe are working on it! Check back later to see if we’ve expanded to your area or allow us to inform you by submitting your email address below.