1/3 cup (85 ml) of unpasteurized honey (or ½ cup (125 mL) turbinado sugar or raw cane sugar)
1/3 cup (85 mL) vegetable oil
1 cup or more (250 ml or more) bread flour whole wheat (ground durum wheat)
½ c. tsp (2 ml) sea salt
½ c. tsp (2 mL) baking powder without alum
½ c. tsp (2 mL) vanilla
1 cup (250 mL) walnuts (in pieces, not chopped)
1. Mixed together (in a blender or whisk) the egg, oil, honey and vanilla.
2. In a bowl, stir together flour, salt, baking powder and walnuts.
3. Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well. Add enough flour to make a paste that will not stick.
4. Place dough on a sheet of waxed paper or parchment paper into the shape of a roll and wrap well. Place dough in the freezer overnight (or during a period of at least 6 hours).
5. Develop frozen dough and cut into thin slices. Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) 10 to 12 minutes.